View Single Post
Old September 3rd, 2010, 02:05 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yet another new person with a question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf Parker View Post
And then instead of a no-specials, easy to understand nation.. to recommend one with everything?

I didnt expect him to win with them. Just learn how to play the game..
Did you notice phrases like "ease a new player in to the game" and "I was looking for a faction that might be a bit easier to wrap my mind around"? I think I will stand by my recommendation (or Middle Era Man isnt bad also)

OH hey Munkie, before I forget. If you find yourself getting swarmed by the computer players then turn the independents UP to make it easier for you. People usually turn them down but that just makes the swarming worse
The thing is, the nations I mentioned may have everything, but they're also GOOD or at least average at everything. So no matter what approach is used, they will always be effective. I don't think, therefore, that they are nations where having more options makes them more complicated. And I can't think of a nation more forgiving than niefelheim to mistakes. It's a very strong nation with most of its strengths being quite straightforward... especially if you follow valerius' advice. I'm not sure what makes a better candidate.

Foodstamp - that argument mostly boils down to "it'll make them think these nations are strong, and playing in the way that they'll do to defeat the AI will teach you very bad habits, and not actually help you learn how to play the game".
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP
The Following User Says Thank You to rdonj For This Useful Post: