View Single Post
Old September 4th, 2010, 11:38 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: what about the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Brooks View Post
Quote:
Your home? I guess we're your dysfunctional traumatized kids then.
Yes, maybe, but I don't even allow my child to talk to me this way. Next week we will start rewriting some of the forum rules here. These forums (our home) will be a kinder, gentler place.

We have never had this kind of discourse in our forums until Dominions 3. We realize this is a small group out of the many thousands that visit here each year. We don't understand it. But we won't put up with it anymore.
Lol. I had already pretty much left this site, but this takes the cake. Well done sir. Well done. You know, I really don't even agree with a lot of the comments posters make about shrapnel on this forum, but are you kidding me? The above is the dumbest thing I have ever seen you post. Nothing good can come of this move. Why don't you just stop reading this forum? It'll get the desired effect, and not create any more ill will towards you than you've already created with your insanely terrible past decisions on how to handle us. How can you keep making mistake after mistake and not learn from it?

So here is what I think of your new policy: It's a bad idea. You are going to make everyone angry and even more people will quit this forum. Yes, a number of these will be fairly outspoken people you don't really want to have around anyway disturbing your harmoniousness. Some will not be. There will likely be another rebellion and another round of bans, and much ill temper. But if you want to deal with all that nonsense all over again, please. Go right ahead.

Quote:
It's too late to try and create a community for this game from scratch
Why so? 2010 is shaping up to bring more members to our community than any year since release. The Dominions 3 crowd is growing, not shrinking. Since the sombre ban, we have added more new members than any 6 month period since game release. And that includes a 3 week period when new members were not being let in due to a coding error.[/quote]

I wonder if the immense and disappointing failure that has been Elemental might have slightly more to do with more new people showing up than Sombre's disappearance. Could it... possibly make any sort of sense?
"Easy-slay(TM) is a whole new way of marketing violence. It cuts down on all the red tape and just butchers people. As a long-time savagery enthusiast myself, I'm very excited about the synergies that the easy-slay(TM) approach brings to the entire enterprise." -Dr DrP