View Single Post
Old March 21st, 2023, 12:25 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,235 Times in 923 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: APC Development and related topics.

As I just posted elsewhere, MOD has reset the dates for AJAX which isn't good for us. They apparently did restart the trials for AJAX in NOV/DEC 2022 after a very long pause that I had posted on since the program began. I'm not here to rehash the whole thing as I've got other issues to take care of, but it's all well documented in here if you feel you need more information.

For now, from the ref...
"According to a tweet posted on March 21 by the British Army, positive progress has continued on the next phase of Ajax trials, with the Ministry of Defence confirming the revised in-service dates and resuming payments to General Dynamics for delivery of the programme. With an initial payment of £480 million, withheld since December 2020 (That was 2 YEARS lost to that issue alone-Mine.) due to challenges with noise and vibration, the MOD will resume payments to General Dynamics as the vehicles are scheduled to enter initial operating capability between July and December 2025. "

"Subject to contract amendment, updated schedules direct that Initial Operating Capability will be achieved between July and December 2025, delivering a trained and deployable squadron that can be sustained on operations for up to six months. (What MOD has paid for thus far-Mine.) "

That pushes FOC well into 2026.

Also note from the current picture in the ref. AJAX appears to have an improved armor package as well from what we have now in the game.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...of_trials.html

I've just been given a new assignment from "HIGHER AUTHORITY" to complete and I better get on it or else I might get "busted down" a paygrade or two.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 21st, 2023 at 12:38 PM..