View Single Post
Old December 9th, 2010, 08:29 AM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Well, seriously, I expected a little more.
I had a feeling you'd try to knock out forts in construction however every airborn thug and SC I have were either occupied or crazy atm.

I'm not sure what happened to that specter either, he was set to sneak, he shouldn't have been attacked.

(sigh) As for that large battle, 50ish mages, a communion of 16 slaves, every possible spell in the game and the AI choses to cast *Just banishment...
If this is how every battle is going to turn out I might as well forfeit as this is bullcrap dude.

EDIT: This really doesn't make sense to me. It's a communion of 16 slaves, that's +4power, that's 5S5D for every theurg and the spells they cast are banishment and paralyze??? How about enslave mind, soul slay, WITHER BONES?????????
Sorry about AI screwing your planning Executior. I know how frustrating it can be.

About your mages - they did cast quite a few soul slays through the entire battle, didn't they? But even if they would cast many more of it, it would be useless - you can't realistically soulslay MR27 SCs, and I've made sure mine have MR at that level before going to battle with your huge communion. Perhaps that's why they've tried paralyze instead - less mana, slightly higher chances for success, comparable to next to zero chances of soulslay.

Overall I have to agree with Ling - each of us got 5 spell castings to inflict maximum pain on the opponent and set up battle-wise enchantments, after that it's up to AI, which is mediocre at best. If you wanted some wither bones you would have to script them. Not sure why AI haven't used them - perhaps it has decided that it would hurt your much more numerous and weaker undeads, who were in melee and mixed with my own, more then it would hurt me, due to targeting issues, and your darkness spell casted (which gave your mages horrible 2 prec).

Casting darkness in that battle was a mistake I think. Also it seems to me that you have underestimated my attacking army led by pretender and several tartarians - unless I am mistaken you've split your forces and sent large chunk of your army south to attack that BL castle, right? If this is the case, I think if you would keep it together your would very likely win this battle - it was a close call at the end. And all your communion would have survived.

On the positive (for you) side that battle was not an easy or painless victory for me - you've destroyed large part of my army including many powerful undeads, and you have feebleminded my titan pretender. You've also snitched my Djinn from me. That was a good move, if not for that I would have suffered 1/3 of the losses that I've suffered. Well done.

Anyway, this is just a beginning, more intense and larger battles are coming.