View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2011, 11:06 AM

First Lieutenant

Corwin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "A Song of Ice and Fire", veterans-only game, MA. In progress, midgame...

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnoza View Post
Guys, the official turn interval in the game is 3 days now, but in fact turns are constantly delayed and we have 7-9 days between turns. I just don't understand why I should do my complex turns in time and then wait for another several days until all delays are over. Seriously, guys, if we are not fine with 3 days interval, let's officially accept 7 or 9 days or whatever, but no matter what the interval is, let's try to keep it.
New turn.

Sorry for my part in the delays guys. Recently at least half of our delays are my fault. The rest are due to other players contacting me vs PM or email and requesting delays. I always grant them.

The reason for my own delays is that my turns have been taking huge amount of time recently. ;( Now that I control almost half of the map, and in war with 2, soon to be 4 nations, each of them being played by strong players such as yourself. When facing such opponents I am fully aware that any serious mistake on my part will be immediately punished, as it was demonstrated many times in the past in this game. Not to mention we all change tactics constantly to adopt to each other new developments.

That said, I will try to keep delays it the minimum in the future as far as my nation concerned. I suggest that perhaps we should stick to 3 days timer, with any players requesting delays if needed. The reason for this is that I am concerned that switching to longer then 3 days hosting timer may cause some players to lose interest in the game. Am I right? Or do you all guys feel that 4 days delay is better at this point of the game?

So it's up to you guys. Personally I am totally fine with 4 days timer, in fact it would make making my turns quite a bit easier. But I don't want to lose players because of such switch or lessen players enjoyment of the game because of it.

So what are your opinions?