View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2002, 05:30 PM

Colonel

Arkcon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ministers

Quote:
Originally posted by pat:
hi

i'd like to know what parts of the game you guys leave up to minister control.

sometimes i feel overwelmed with all the choices i have to make.

i must admit i'm fairly new though.

tom
Most people say that ministers are totally stupid. I think for a newbie, thay can give you some good ideas, especially what not to do.

My opinions:
When most, but not all, of the galaxy is colonized, the colonization minister is ok.

Population minister is ok. If you make very small transports - frigate sized or destroyer that is half cargo bays and half supply bays. Otherwise he will empty planets.

Facility minister, design minister, research minister - are weaklings. I can usually do better, or at least I can't do much worse. But hey turn them on for a few turns and see what they do, you may learn something.

Resupply minister is brain-dead. If active all ships turn around at precisely half supplies. Even if the ship has it's minister turned off. Colonizers, suicide ships, troop ships out to capture a planet that has a resupply depot, even a ship on the way to a resupply depot; it just doesn't care. It's impossible to do anything with that one active.

You can probably guess about the others, I don't have a lot of experience with them.