View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2010, 06:32 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Septimius Severus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: First time...Online...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonno View Post
Ok that part I understand (I have red a lot of f... posts last few days...uff...)
And what about patches,I have red that on direct game server uploads patches automaticly...then what if in PBEM I do not have same patches as other players do I have to post that on the game topic...
Do you mean patches or mods? Official patches to the game are usually not an issue as they are generally infrequent and most players are up to date. The game itself usually won't let you play if you don't have the same mods/patches the server copy is using. The game admin should make clear what mods are needed in the game and will likely either post a link to them or attach them to the beginning of the thread. The opening/first post of a game thread here is your guide/roadmap to most games. Usually it will tell you/contain everything you need to know about a game.

The thread title itself can convey a lot of information as well: If you see (MA CBM 4/8 Recruiting) in a title, then you know the game is Middle era, uses the CBM mod, 8 players max, 4 slots open and still recruiting). IRC, team games, these forums, the wiki, the new player helpdesk, the manual, and many other resources are available to new players. NEVER feel intimidated about asking questions.

Be harmonious, enrich the soldiers, and scorn all other men.
-Emperor Septimius Severus, to his sons shortly before his death, quoted in Dio Cassius (77.15.2).

Last edited by Septimius Severus; May 3rd, 2010 at 06:52 AM..