View Single Post
Old January 10th, 2022, 01:00 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

Alright from JANE'S the following country has reached FOC with their F-35A fighters.

NORWAY

The last Norwegian F-16AM/BM fighters were also fully retired on 06 JAN 2022 to coincide with the F-35A fighters' operations for Norway.
https://www.janes.com/defence-news/a...al-air-defence

Do not
for one second "assume" that these or any foreign governments F-35 versions are as fully capable as ours.

We currently have several modification contracts running through 2024+ for our F-35 versions before they reach FOC. See Contract section below in a "[b]sparse open read/B]" in which you'll see as I had already posted we're experiencing an engine shortage that'll cut into 20% of our fleet by 2025.

"February 17/21: Engine Shortage F-35 fighter plane engines are in short supply external link, with the solution months away, causing the Defense Department to reduce its schedule of exhibition flights and to start planning for a shortage as soon as 2022. The Defense Department’s F-35 office has advised that about five to six percent of the US. F-35 fleet could be without useable engines by 2022, and up to 20 percent of the plane’s fleet could be sidelined by 2025. According to Defense News external link, the F-135 Heavy Maintenance Center, located at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma, has been unable to process engines for repairs and maintenance, and catching up will take months."
Thought I'd save you some time.

I already addressed the NAVAIR/USMC decision (POST 643 above.) for the F-35B. It's I'm sure an honor for the USMC pilots to do some of the "real world" OPEVAL testing for the USAF and USN until theirs reach FOC.
https://www.defenseindustrydaily.com...m-edit-037947/

TRACKING the NETHERLANDS for FOC.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 10th, 2022 at 01:19 AM..