View Single Post
Old December 23rd, 2006, 01:52 PM

Brigadier General

Patrick Proctor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Manual...

Jimrad,

First, thank you for your purchase of this and our other titles. I am sorry you don't like AATF.

But I think your comment that it doesn't provide sufficient content to justify the price is unfair. You are the first ever to make such a comment about any of our titles. I think your opinion warrants some anaysis and response.

AATF contains 14 scenarios in 3 campaigns and one mini-campaign. This is identical in number to the content in ATF, our brst selling title to date. And I would say that the QUALITY of everyone of the scenarios in AATF is superior to those in AATF. First, all of the scenarios in AATF are exactingly historically accurate. And they are sprinkled with lots of actual historic artifacts, like the OPORD and AAR from the actual battle for LZ X-RAY and real military maps of Afghanistan. This gameis easily on pr or superior to all of our other games in volume and quality of content. AND it includes a full featured scenario builder. AND it is 100% compatible with scenrios from previous titles.

Compare this to other games in the industry. I love John Tiller and his work, but most games cover only one campaign, have no scenario editor, and are not compatible with other titles. MAJ H is a great game designer as well, but TACOPs scenario editor does not allow you to access the enemy AI to make single player scenarios. And neither designer has an engine that simulates combat to such a high, military-grade fidelity.

Again, I am sorry about the typos in the manual, and I am sorry you are unhappy with your purchase. But I think your analysis that AATF somehow does not provide sufficient "bang for the buck" is unfair.