Thread: Utility How To Run a Game
View Single Post
Old July 11th, 2008, 03:25 PM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: How To Run a Game

To my mind it looks rather more complicated than it need be. Mine would be something like:

1) Contact a potential host to host the game - lch, llamabeast or Gandalf spring to mind at present.
2) Make a thread asking for players. On the thread list the age, map, number of players wanted, any mods being used, and any non-default game settings. Also specify any exploits or spells you want to ban. The first post will remain important for listing all the settings, and as slots fill up you should edit it to keep a complete list of players there.
3) Wait for all slots to fill up. Then arrange for your host to accept their pretenders.
4) Once all pretenders are in, ask your host to start the game.
5) You will be responsible for sorting out any requests for postponing hostings or other things throughout the game. Please do not stop doing this if you get knocked out without asking someone else to do it for you. Generally someone else will be happy to take over as it's an easy job.

All the other stuff you say is useful, and should probably be included below, but is to my mind somewhat daunting and for an average game most of it is not important.
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs