View Single Post
Old June 14th, 2007, 08:44 PM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough
Default Re: RanDom v2 - Map gen & Semirandomizer... the se

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
Great program. Here are my favorite settings.
100,30,50,30,20,10,10,#TRUE#,1600,1200,150,#FALSE# ,50,100,50,255,20,30,110,200,100,200,20,100,40,120 ,200,100,100,15

Growing up in the plains Im abit bugged by dirt-colored plains.
Thanks for sharing this Gandalf. I am currently enjoying a challenging game on a map generated with these settings. It worked out perfectly. Playing EA Rlyeh and the map generated included two large, bodies of water (north & south) with an isthmus separating them. A serious mountain range runs through the center of the strip with many chokepoints and one-neighbor provinces that SemiRandom turned into caves. Perfect for my darkvision hordes. Trying desperately to cross the land to get to Atlantis so that I can lay claim to their body of water. (Even found a nice lake to slosh around in along the way. )

On another subject, I have found and squished a bug in SemiRandom that crept up. It involved start placements for water nations under some circumstances. Also am in the process of adding a check box that will apply changes in the RanDom nation sliders to the SemiRandom settings player counts. This appears to be working great, but I want to fiddle with it for a while longer to look for any problems it could introduce. Seems to really simplify setting up a game. For my current game, I just set all of the early era nations to AI except for Tir na n'Og which I disabled, and Rlyeh which I set to human. Then I just hit SemiRandomize and baboom, off and playing.

I should be able to release an updated version by this coming weekend.
Map Forge - Map editor