View Single Post
Old April 29th, 2003, 12:44 PM

Captain

bearclaw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lord of the rings module

Alright. This is just creepy. I came to this forum for the specific purpose of saying that I am about to start designing a LOTR module and to see if anyone was willing to help.

Creepy. Stop reading my mind!!!

Anyway, I've got an idea for a module. My idea is HUGE however. Absolutely HUGE. Somewhere in the order of 25+ maps. Probably closer to 35 now that I think about it.

These are some of the ideas I've come up with
-classes: Hobbit, Wizard, Elf, Dwarf, Ranger, Fighter.
-maps from everything from Hobbiton and the Barrows to The Dead Marsh, Moria, Lorien Isengard, etc.
-full connectivity in that a character can follow the story or attempt to do it in other ways.
-with only one character, the rest would be represented by special items (Gimli's axe, Legolas's bow, etc.)

I can't think of a single aspect of DO that would me unmodded. Right down to custom terrain for such things as the Dead Marsh and the Barrows.

I've got modding figured out but I've only just dabbled. I expect something like this to take quite some time to complete.

Obviously, there is one other willing to help. Any others?
A+ Se+++ GdY $++ Fr- C+ Csp Sf* AuO M++ MpTFdAM St RTNH Pw++ Fq++ Nd++ Rp++ G++ Mm++ Bb++ L+ Tcp-