Thread: Map Antilarium 3 Metamap
View Single Post
Old August 12th, 2008, 06:55 PM

Sergeant

Psientist is on a distinguished road
World Antilarium 3 Metamap

Announcing my most ambitious project, the Antilarium 4 Metamap (the latest version). I call it a "metamap" because it also includes a special mod to take advantage of all the modding capabilities that Dominions 3 has to offer, that provides hints of a storyline, as well as custom magic sites, AI heroes, pretenders, magic items, and AI units.

The mod is designed to be fully compatible and complimentary with my Mytheology Pretenders 3 mod. If you want to try it with any other mods, you might want to check against the numbers spreadsheet I've listed to identify potential conflicts.

Enjoy!

Map description:
Quote:
217 provinces, including 32 water. Starting locations are established for 12 nations, 3 of which are underwater. Nearly all water provinces are contiguous, and can reach all parts of the map. Landmasses are separated, mountainous, with many interconnections. Game victory is achieved by controlling 6 of the 16 special victory sites. Two of the 16 sites are underwater, and count double toward victory.

Sixteen provinces contain the fabled Wells of Power. Guarded by heroes and armies of legendary might, it is said that the first Pretender which can control 6 of these Wells can recreate the world unto their own desires. While these Wells all are surrounded by an unusually powerful magic sites, their defenders will not be defeated without tremendous force of arms and magic. Each Well contains unique recruitable units that will change the balance of power with new strategic and tactical ramifications.
You can download version 4.01 here: antilarium4.zip

Here are some of the fun sprites I've built for this map's challenges. They really don't show up well against this background, but I'm very happy with how they look in the game where the bitmasking works right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	antilarium_sprites.jpg
Views:	2005
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	6564   Click image for larger version

Name:	Antilarium.gif
Views:	1406
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	7952  

Last edited by Psientist; March 22nd, 2009 at 02:23 PM.. Reason: updated file
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Psientist For This Useful Post: