View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:22 AM

General

rdonj is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warhammer Lizardmen - Join the Communion Commrade

Hey this has to be the first mod nation with two guides I see that I fail at paying attention as you found a reasonably attractive way to get into clams, which would be very useful for the lizardmen. We appear to have a few differences of opinion on them but that hardly surprises me, if people can say baalz is wrong, just about anything in this game is up for argument.

I'm pretty sure fantomen was the first person to realize (publically at least) that slann being able to go dormant has excellent reverse communion potential, which again was really quite brilliant. The lizardmen have amazing reverse communion potential given that and coupled with a solid earth bless.

One of my biggest disagreements though is to your assertion that they're easily one of the most powerful nations. They have a good deal holding them back and while I would definitely agree that they're above average their deficiencies are too large to ignore. One of the big ones is that while their slann are amazingly powerful in battle, on the strategic map they're not nearly so great. They don't have hand slots so they can't forge, and it can be hard to pull together the levels for the more powerful ritual spells and globals since they are restricted to miscellaneous slots for boosters. Slann are also unfortunately vulnerable to mind duel. So in my mind they have plenty of weaknesses to make up for their strengths to keep them from being too powerful.