View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2022, 08:07 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,437 Times in 2,698 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: MBT's

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASTBOAT TOUGH View Post
If only they all could be that easy. Nice touch adding the "Z"!

Regards,
Pat
I may add it to the SHP files and Icon list for scenario designers who want to be creative but adding that as new means using up another unit slot and I try to avoid that for trivial items when the OOB is nearly full and a T-62 in 2022 used on a modern battlefield that is highly infused with up to date anti tanks weapons pretty much defines "trivial"

Seriously..... if the Russians are digging out T-62s and sending them to the front they are getting desperate and I don't care how much reactive armour they slap on it's not going to slow much of anything used now down.

Who knows this may prompt a change in thinking and design. If you know no matter how much armour ( steel, ceramic, reactive) you throw on and something that costs 100 times less is going to turn it into junk then building lighter, faster, armoured vehicles is a way to have more of them.

The Armata reminds me in some ways of the bastard son of a T-35 and a Maus. They are just bigger targets and building them means less of what you really need

If you find you are constantly reacting to your enemy's tactics instead forcing the enemy to react to yours, you are losing the battle....
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: