View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2006, 12:22 PM

Private

AStott is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Map: Pangaea

Foodstamp: Interesting, I've never heard of Rodinia before. Wikipedia reveals all though, and gives some other possibilities for names. I think I'll definitely be switching sometime in the future. My map really isn't laid out like the "real" Pangaea anyway, so I don't really care too much about that part.

Wauthan: We played around for quite some time on the border lines. A flat line (no shading) doesn't work so well with the map having some areas that are very dark and some that are very light, so we went with the shaded line. The red border was added to help with the contrast, but I just tried taking it off, and it really works just fine without it. I also tried making the land borders just a little narrower and dropping their opacity just a touch, and I think overall it does look better.

You are completely right about the lack of chokepoints. I'm personally a big fan of chokepoints, but I didn't want to just lay down arbitrary ones that didn't match the terrain. We had intended to do a scenario so that we could customize the independants (we'd also thought about customizing the province names). I never thought about using particularly tough independants to create "barriers". That's a very interesting idea, and we'll definitely investigate.

Thanks for the feedback!