Thread: OT: Bagels...
View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:40 AM

Captain

AgentZero is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Bagels...

Quote:
Renegade 13 said:
(Cold/flu not coming = coincidence methinks ) You need some meat, where are you getting trace minerals from; Iron, magnesium, etc. As far as I know, salad contains none of those
Due to one of those just plain strange things in life, the prepackaged lettuce at the grocery store tends to be fresher than the "fresh" heads of lettuce that they sell, so I tend to buy those instead. The bags I usually buy tend to be 60% iceberg & 40% spinach. I'm not a huge spinach fan, but a good strong garlicy dressing drowns the taste out quite nicely. Co-incidentally, spinach is a very good source of both magnesium and iron.

As for the lack of colds & flus, I attribute that more to the half litre of fresh-pressed fruit juice I have every morning. Well, 1/4 litre in the morning and the rest for lunch. That, coupled with my borderline-unhealthy obsession with pumpkin seeds (dunno what it is, I just love em!) means that I'm probably getting a bit more Vitamin C and Zinc than I need, and of course Vitamin C & Zinc are great for your immune system.
Quote:
Where's the meat man!
You'll have no arguments from me on that point. You might here arguments from the pretty young thing I'm fortunate enough to spend a bed with, since meat, especially beef, doesn't make my digestive tract happy, and the inevitable result of this is that within seconds of me waking up the night after a steak, my very small bedroom suddenly becomes an environment quite hostile to all forms of life.
Quote:
If you really want a way to lose weight, try my caffeine diet....
Funny thing... At one point, I weighed a little under 190lbs. Given that I'm 6 foot 4-and-a-bit, that ain't healthy. But at the time I was drinking at least a litre of Coke a day. I also worked with a fella half my size who drank 4 litres a day, and if he turned sideways, you wouldn't see him.

My current method might not be the best, but it's delivering everything those crazy fad diets promise: I get to eat food that I like, in big quantities, do minimal exercise (I only get in about a half hour walk a day), and still lose weight.

Victory would appear to be mine.