View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2008, 01:13 AM

Corporal

Zentar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Current other active game software

Quote:
Gandalf Parker said:
MULE! Thats a memory.
Did you know that Shrapnel sells a version of that called Space HoRSE?
Yes I know that, and in the most recent Space HoRSE thread I commented that it too bad it is NOT available to MAC users.

Lingchih says:
Quote:
MOO 2 was greatness. MOO 3 was, well, ok. I enjoyed it. Nothing like MOO 2 though.
. Agreed MOO2 was best, then MOO1, and MOO3 least.

I played many "epic" multiplayer games with MOO2 and HOMM3. These games ran for 12 hours or more non-stop (microwave ovens reduced food preparation to a couple minutes at the most and seconds to reheat coffee between turns). Being able to do your turn while others simultaneously did their turn was an improvement over other games where each player took one turn at a time. MOO2 is still an immortal but it is not available to MAC and can not be played on any of today's PC computers. I miss MOO2. Civilization, Europa Universalis, MechWarrior, Warlords 1-3, 4 was buggy, Age of Empires II, Starcraft series.

For the rpg's I also played Diablo, Diablo2, GuildWars, NeverWinterNights (very good), Dungeon's of Moria, Morrowind, and World of Warcraft, and more.

For Wargames I liked Allied General a lot (my son loved it also), and Operation Crusader.

There is a lot more, but it is late so I must be going.