View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2007, 02:24 PM

Major General

Jazzepi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: EA Abysia - Looking for advice, and bread

I tried these scales out and felt that they were okay.

Order 3
Production 3
Heat 3
Death 3
Misfortune 2
Magic 3

I was able to get a nice sleeping rainbow mage pretender, and a dominion score of 6. It feels like Abysia is pretty weak in the early game, and then their power immediately spikes when they get access to falling fires about mid game. With the sleeping, a great sage, I felt like I'd have good access to research, and eventually higher level stuff.

Also, there's really only one old guy I think you'd ever want to recruit, the dragon, but in retrospect you don't really need him. The only nice thing is his F3 gives him easy access to falling fires out of the box, but the lower level F2 guys can just cast Phoenix Power, and then start the spammage. Also, the pretender I cobbled together could make those skulls of fire, and the really expensive F4 guy can forge the -3 reinvigoration +1 fire skulls.

I had another question, can someone help me distinguish exactly how you're suppose to use the different types of infantry?

Last time I played these guys all I did was build the big shield flail ones and that worked terribly The 28 resources ones, but now that I'm taking a closer look at the units, I started to build a few big shield axe guys, who have a longer reach and better defense, and some of the shieldless axe guys who do a ton of damage. Any advice on how these units should be used/placed on the battlefield would be great. And does anyone else like the salamanders? I have off and on good luck with them.

Jazzepi