View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM

Major General

Executor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Game,HoC - House of Chains. Non NewB. Submit Pretenders

Excuse me? Not even a hint? That's where we left it off if I remember. I guess I'm breaking the rules by posting this PM but I'll live with it.
You never rejected my proposal. I asked you want you wanted and never stated anything, instead you wanted to know what I'd offer. And 60 gems + what you got/would get from my provinces isn't weak at all, considering the turn. I also offered to forge you any items I can at my forging prices, which is 25-40% off.
You never said that was a weak offer or demanded more gems or items or gold or whatever.

It also kind of sounds we were making an agreement. Further more there was plenty of time to answer me and just say "No deal" or to redo the turn since I asked WL for an extension just so I could get your answer.

And yes, when someone does something I consider bad mannered I'll post about it in the game thread and warn the other players. I won't hound you in other threads and games about it but I sure will comment on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcryst
So I'm having trouble scripting my army to basically retreat from my gains this turn and just meekly hand them over. I think if we're going to come an agreement, at minimum its going to have to include some provinces changing hands semi permanently (at least until Ermor is defeated).

I suspect you are going to balk at this and that we'll run out of time attempting to negotiate anything and that we'll end up continuing to fight simply because we can agree to terms we both want to live with.

Also, don't misunderstand my statements earlier - I definitely will do everything in my power to attempt to win every game I play in, but I'm also not foolish enough to expect to win a game with this many veteran players, given that its my 3rd MP game. What I was trying to convey was the fact that I'm not going to get upset one way or another. Every game is a learning experience for me and I probably will learn a lot more from my mistakes than from my successes.

Anyways - I won't carry grudges from game to game unless you act in an offensive manner, which you haven't thus far.
I have no problem about you remaining in control of a few selected provinces for a little while, it's quite reasonable. We only need to work out the details and coordinate how to make it less, well hurtful for me.
If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to hear them.

What I would suggest is moving your Slanns from 101 and 82 to province 93 if they can handle 15 PD. It's gonna cost me a bit in terms of nature mages but I guess I'll have to handle that. You'll find a lab there from which you can teleport back home or to Ermor or communion them for returning when I send a small squad to regain control of the province.

As for those in 81, I'm not sure. Maybe you could build a lab? You really should have given them gems to cast returning.

I suppose all the gems and gold you'll need for those endeavors can be collected from the occupied provinces.

Another option would be to move all Slans to 90 and build a lab, but the province has 30 PD (remnants of the monkey war) and it would take an extra turn to do it.

The rest shouldn't be a problem I think. You can retreat the mages and the pretender over 123 while keeping your forces in 116 with the Gate Stone dude for one more turn, or not. You can overtax the province at 200% while patroling to get some cash, I've been doing it for a very long time now.
Either way is good.

Let me know what you think how we should proceed.