National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 5.0 patch for winSPMBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcello View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka77 View Post
Marcello understood yes I can only Imagine that wikipedia is not the source to be looking into when it comes to this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_...%27s_Air_Force

I checked other places that before showed their SAM inventory these places has been updated and I can't find any SP-SAM there either this only reinforce the skill and knowledge you lads shows when working with this game.
Wikipedia lists both SA-6 and SA-17, both SP-SAM but there is not much in the way of confirmation of that elsewhere.
Sources generally list SA-2/3/5 as far as heavy SAMs go and only few mentions SA-6, with no further details such as number or units.
I suppose that a small number of SA-6 might be there but it is not clear; in any case the SA-6 is not very mobile, not particularly good by today standards, I have heard it being compared unfavorably to the SA-3 in some ways. Some of their fixed SA-2/3/5 sites may give some coverage even in South Korea territory but such weapons, SA-6 included, are simply too old to withstand modern jamming and SEAD techniques.
This thread is about the 5.0 patch, not micro-details of a particular OOB.

If you want to have a detailed discussion about some OOB, then please open up a new thread for that discussion in the TO&E forum.

Andy