View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2020, 09:56 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

MarkSheppard is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Blitzkrieg Banzai? (SP1 Conversion)

Naturally, since I've cracked the compression code; this means that SP2 support isn't *that* far off.

There are a few interesting ideas in Hapschott's SP2 collection like:

Quote:
When Bear meets Jew*
______Israel Defend*
____________vs.*
______Russia Assault*
Date: October 21, 1974*
Time: At night*
Before the cease-fire that ended the Yom Kippur war, the Soviet Union threatened to intervene in the war when the IDF surrounded the Egyptian Third Army. The Russians didn't intervene, but what if they did? This scenario pits the Russians invading an Israeli base at night. Although prepared for armoured combat, the Israelis were not aware that they were facing airborne troops as well. Will Israel still repel Russia? This scenario was made by Ambush. (orion@travel-net.com or www.travel-net.com/~orion/) *
Quote:
___________KALKILIAH*
Israeli 202nd Parachute Brigade*
______________vs.*
__Jordanian Police Contingent*
Date: Oct 10, 1956*
Units from the 202nd parachute brigade attack the Jordanian Police fort
at Kalkiliah backed by 4 Sherman tanks.
Note: The "Raid on Kalkiliah" scenario that comes with Steel Panthers II
puts the date of this action at June 5, 1967. Avalon Hill has it as a
much earlier date of October 10, 1956. I'm not sure who is actually
correct but I chose to stay with the Avalon Hill model of this battle.*
___Based on the Avalon Hill game*
______"The Arab-Isaeli Wars"*
____________Created by*
__________Keith Heitmann*
________dheitm8612@aol.com*
Quote:
Keep Feeding me! Keep Feeding me!*
The Invasion at Pearls Airport:*
Operation Urgent Fury*
the United States invasion of Grenada.*
This is a "What-If" scenario. The actual events do not make a good wargame scenario, but a minor adjustment to reality changes that entirely and makes it a desperate struggle for both sides.*
On 25 October 1983, while the 75th Rangers were occupied trying to take the Cuban-built airport at Point Salines, the 2nd/8th BLT USMC battle group hit their first objective -- Pearls Airport in northern Grenada. Details were sketchy on the opposition they would face, but figures bandied about in the hours before the Marines landed had the Grenadan force at battalion strength reinforced by elements of the Cuban military. Even though the Marines had no solid intelligence about what to expect, they were amazingly close to predicting what was -supposed- to be there waiting for them.*
This "What-If" scenario is based on the premise that Maurice Bishop was able to thwart the coup, stay alive and remain in power. That, remaining in power and faced with U.S. aggression, Bishop and Castro coordinated a quick, ahead-of-schedule airlift of some of the military hardware that would have arrived in Grenada over the next few weeks. More Cuban military advisors would, of course, have come with the equipment. And, most important, with Bishop alive the people of Grenada most probably would have turned out en masse to defend their island -- and in this scenario they do.*
This scenario played from either side is a vicious battle.*
Please read the included "PEARLS.TXT" for more detailed information.
This is the third of a series of scenarios by the author depicting Operation Urgent Fury.*
This is version 1 of this scenario. I welcome any and all comments -- please e-mail moonwolf@earthling.net*
Then there are some old scenarios which are surprisingly prophetic, like this one from 1996:

Quote:
FLASHPOINT UKRAINE*
Ukraine (Red) Defend*
________vs.*
___Russia Assault*
Date: June 12, 1998*
By the late 1990's, relations between Russia and Ukraine had worsened. Facing economic and nationalistic pressures at home, the Russian government demanded Black Sea port rights from the Ukraine. The Russians also insisted that the Ukrainian government turn over all potential nuclear weapons. Feeling that their legitimacy as a sovereign nation was at stake, Ukraine refused and mobilized its large army. The Russians struck swiftly, launching several strikes at various military bases and airfields near the border. Soviet Special Forces and the Ukrainians battled it out over an airbase.
The Following User Says Thank You to MarkSheppard For This Useful Post: