View Single Post
Old November 2nd, 2007, 07:53 PM

Corporal

Epoletov_SPR is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

Quote:
Epoletov_SPR said:
The ability to pick which kind of shell is being used when in combat (HE, AP, HEAT etc) would be very much appreciated. Being able to choose which kind of ammo the tank, anti-tank gun etc can fire would avoid less effective rounds being automatically picked (a less powerful AP shell being picked over a more powerful HEAT shell).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have to say I have no problems with the wy game handles this and it would add too much micromanaging to my liking - but that's just me and no army.
Each player himself chooses for itself that is necessary for it for a victory.
OP-filtr many players do not use.
But with op-filtr chances of a victory increase, only it is not necessary to be lazy it to use.

Often the tank shoots AP - a shell there where would be better HEAT a shell.
Is insulting to receive then in the answer a fatal shot.

Quote:
In my opinion (Epoletov) tanks should not be able to dig in. That is after all why the round (sandbagged) entrenchment exists, isn’t it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AFAIK the Dug In status means for tank (or any other vehicle) a Hull Down position (almost no piece of land is so flat you won't be able to hide atleast a bit of tank), the circular entrenchment increases hull down bonus.

It is too easy to get a shell in this tank, though it and hidden in round a trench.
Protection vechicle in such a trench should be better.

Quote:

Being able to build bridges during a battle (pontoons, mechanical bridges) would also be a good idea.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is out of the game scope - one turn is at best 3 minutes, and building pontoon bridge takes time - the barge carriers are already pushing things a bit
Is AVLB, TMM (USSR) which quickly do the bridge through Stream.

Quote:
To give units like engineers/pioneers the ability to blow up bridges again (now only artillery seems capable of doing).

I'd argue that destroying bridge is no simple task even for engineers that have their time - combat engineers with rapidly-placed charges won't do much. If something is to change re. the bridges I'd say make them less susceptible to even arty fire, requiring multiple hits in the same hex to take the bridge down (after all hex is 50 meters, ordinary bridge won't be so easy to hit and wide bridges would be more able to take damage and remain useable).

Even tanks cannot destroy the wooden bridge (in WinSPMBT).
Unfortunately.

Quote:
Tank and gun crews should not be given the opportunity to use smoke grenades. Rationale being that the last thing you take from a burning vehicle is a smoke grenade.

Dunno how in different countries, but in Czechoslovakian/Czech army for example Dana SPH carries even RPG-75's for the crew
You burn down in the tank, pulling out this equipment.

In WinSPMBT 3.5 it is frequent Crew use for creation of a smoke screen to hide other (valuable) armies.
In fact Crew cost 0 poitns.