Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2020, 02:06 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

The following falls under the category of "Don't Shoot the Messenger" even if the "messenger" has discussed this numerous times over the last handful of years. Now we have the most forth coming and definitive article to date on the status of the T-14 ARMATA. And it doesn't look good. So by Para...

Para 1: "Russia is beginning to train operators of vehicles on Armata platform."

"The first cadets will be enrolled in 2021 and will graduate as T-14 tank platoon commanders."

Para 2: "Sources in the Defense Ministry said..."

"The first enrolment is scheduled in 2021, however the time may change." I believe this last means later then
earlier.

"Omsk Armor Engineering Institute will train experts in the overhaul and operation of Armata family. The training will take four years and the first graduates will come to operate Armata in the army in 2025-"2026."

Para 8: "T-15 is undergoing trials."

The intervening paragraphs are generally dealing with and ensuring that both the operators and engineers are fully trained on the ARMATA platforms in the use and maintenance of the systems.

I have to respect the decision of the Russians in this matter. These are the most advanced land combat systems they've ever designed. And reading "between the lines" they have concerns about the abilities of their military to operate and maintain these systems.

By taking their time in the training and cross training to come, they are ensuring the integrity of the systems (ARMATA Platforms) and "professionalism" of their operators and maintainers.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe..._vehicles.html

FYI SERBIA:
Has decided to upgrade their M-84AS tanks.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/serb..._10207162.html

They will be upgraded to the T-84AS1 version "down the road" The ref. is also saying...
"Miloradović emphasizes and says that this is not the end of the development process « because we are simultaneously working on phase two, designated as an upgraded M-84 AS2 tank, which includes several more new subsystems that will additionally and significantly enhance the capabilities of our tank units »..."

I have to think the T-84 AS1 is around 1.5 years out. The T-84 AS2 I'd say is possibly within 2 years out at it's earliest.

Alright I'm tired, time to call it a night! Have a good one, everyone!?!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..