View Single Post
Old October 1st, 2005, 11:46 AM

Captain

narwan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BETA: PLEI ME version1.0

Quote:
Pyros said:
Hi Remco,

If you decisively lose this secondary mission you won't be able to play the primary mission and you will be redirected to the after-primary link where you will get the same replacement points as if you have played the primary.
Why this happens?
The answer is simple.
If someone lose the secondary with a Decisive Loss then either his performance was terrible (which means that he lost many of his units) or he did this on purpose in order to lose very few of his unit (simply never engaged in the combat; he won't score anything for the primary). Either way he shouldn't be allowed to proceed to the primary with such a performance (better thing to replay the mission).

Hi Pyros,
I meant the one-turn scenario preceding the primairy mission. If you have a decisive defeat there (you take neither VH) you still go to the primairy mission. The only difference with getting a marginal victory is in getting 1 instead of 2 campaign points.

First time I tried the primairy mission I hadn't read through your post here very well and I was thoroughly confused as to what to do and how to proceed. Since it's a pretty long mission players may very well find themselves not remembering what they were supposed to do (imagine players not finishing it in one session but in several sittings) and were the enemy is supposed to be coming from. Lots of things happen in this scenario and I can very well imagine players losing track. Is there a way for players to consult their orders during a scenario?