View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Private

jscott is on a distinguished road
Default MA Man Advice Needed: Proper Use of Units

I am playing as MA Man on a large map against 10 AI players and I am having a bit of trouble countering Arcoscephale hordes in the later portions of the game. I managed to destroy C'Tis and Caelum without much difficulty and am beating Jotunheim very slowly (sieges against their fortresses take forever).

However, I can't seem to counter armies of 200+ Arcoscephale units that are made up mostly of light infantry or worse.

My armies consist mostly of knights, tower guards, and longbowmen led by daughters of Avalon and supported by more daughters of Avalon, plus the occasional Crone. The spells I'm primarily using are aim and air shield (or other protection spells after I learned that daughters will die very easily when hit with enemy missile weapons). I haven't used many summonings, save for the occasional sleeper hero or wyvern.

I get the feeling I will beat Arcoscephale eventually since he is wasting so many units crashing against my PD 25+ provinces, but I'm not sure that will really teach me much about playing the game effectively. I feel like there must be a way to use magic and a good unit mix to really destroy these huge Arcoscephale armies of attrition units.

Does anyone have any tips?

PS. My pretender is a rather worthless enchantress with Earth 4 and Astral 4, Dominion 8, and strong scales.