View Single Post
Old August 19th, 2005, 03:42 PM

Sergeant

jeffr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just tried the demo...

I downloaded the demo and had a good time with the campaign scenarios provided. I'll be picking this one up. Some thoughts:

1. Definately provide a download option if you can. Even better if you can provide the download link a bit sooner than the CD version. I feel like playing this weekend

2. I also like the option to turn off the battle animations.

3. An option to also turn off the highliting of units (I assume they are healing?) and the +$1000 that appears above the cities at the beginning of every turn would also be welcome.

4. I find myself counting tiles to try and determine where the enemy could possibly move and attack. I think someone has already asked for it, but it would be nice to be able to right click on the enemy unit to get this information. Or maybe something similar to the way you can determine what your own unit's attacks would be if they moved to a particular square. Or, if this is too difficult, how about a way to turn on the tile grid to make counting tiles a little easier?

4. An option to turn off (or a button to skip) the "flavor" text/descriptions that appear before each campaign scenario. I'd just like the scenario objective that appears at the end. I was afraid my wife was going to look over my shoulder and read some of them

5. Not sure about this one, but it might be useful. Currently, you can click on a unit to determine it's status effects (i.e. can't move for X turns, can't attack for X turns, regenerates for X turns, etc.). It might be cool to have small color coded icons (that you can turn on/off) next to each affected unit on the map itself so you could tell at a glance what is going on without having to click around. Say a green 3 for Regeneration 3 turns, a brown 1 for No Movement for 1 turn, etc. Just a thought.

6. In the full version, can you start with the Legendary campaign difficulty from the start? Does the Standard difficulty setting get more difficult as you progress through the game and the different races?

Good game and I look forward to the full version.

Thanks, Jeff.