Thread: Map Height Maps
View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2018, 06:07 AM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Height Maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
The only suggestions I can offer at this time would be to make "DOWNLOAD" a bit larger and more conspicuous.

The other is a bit more involved

First off I LOVE the 50/50 map satellite overlay ( really, really like that )....might it be possible to allow a DL of the map area that shows that overlay and the hex grid ? right now, there is no way to get the entire map with grid without doing multiple screen shots then manually piece them together
First thing should be easy, I have an idea on how to do the second one... BUT: how large a map (resolution) should it be? I have three images attached where in each one pixel is approximately 5 meter, 2.5 meters and 1.25 meters across. The resolution of the image naturally doubles on each level of zoom.
So respective resolutions for the produced images will be about 1600x1200, 3200x2400 or 6400x4800 pixels. Zoom level sample images (~900x600 px) included in a zip file as they were larger than the max allowed attachment size for images.

I think it could be included in the downloaded zip file if requested so they're all served at once. In the download settings there will be
Map image:
(x) None
( ) Map
( ) Satellite
( ) Combined

It'll be then generated at server side.
Attached Files
File Type: zip resolutions.zip (630.2 KB, 130 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dmnt For This Useful Post: