Thread: MBT's
View Single Post
Old June 13th, 2022, 11:33 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: MBT's

This video should give you all the angles you'll need by freezing the frame.

It's ashamed we'll never see it.

There is already talk that if this "concept" moves along it could jeopardize the Franco/German LEOPARD 3 Project. This could lead to some diplomatic complications.

As the video points out there are still some "what ifs" to be resolved but that's what "concept" equipment are meant to do-push the R&D outside of the current design boundaries.
Certainly bears watching.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...tail&FORM=VIRE

What we might see is the BOXER A2 mounting a 50mm MG. The BUNDESWEHR apparently is already testing the PROTOTYPE from a couple of refs I have at this time.

On LEOPARD 2A7VA1 I can't find anything solid, however there is a LEOPARD 2A7A1 this simply indicates that it mounts APS TROPHY. I'm sure that "A1" indicates a "modified unit (Or similar wording.) ". So, LEOPARD 2A7V with APS TROPHY should be the LEOPARD 2A7VA1. Germany ordered late last year around 200 TROPHY Systems.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; June 13th, 2022 at 11:50 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: