Thread: Stupid Joke
View Single Post
Old April 19th, 2015, 11:50 PM

Private

OrionM42 is on a distinguished road
Medal Re: Stupid Joke

Thank you for giving this your consideration!

I should say that when I spoke of making the Bonus code "usable any time during the month", I really meant: "any ONE time during the month". Beyond that, I really hadn't thought too much about the specifics ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibol View Post
I'd want it to be something different from the existing codes, maybe something that players would see and say, "yes, I want that, but maybe I'll hold off on using it." - something powerful and tempting, but with strategic choice
Great thinking!

One idea I've had is to give the players one opportunity to exercise the code during a specific time frame (say: June) and get the choice to select from one of three offered devices. For example, in my current game (Sector 30) I would love to have the "Crew Toroid", but have not been able to purchase one, or craft one. On other occasions, I would have killed for the "Artifact Catalog", or even a collection of say 50 random crafting parts. There are always things you need. And getting a choice -- one item of 3 offered, or 2 items of 5 offered, is attractive, and spurs a somewhat strategic decision.

I think perhaps that getting a ship component (weapon or shield) might be trickier, because at any given point in a game, a specific weapon or shield might either be too powerful (and un-balance the game) or too weak (and therefore not attractive). Also some devices (mine sweepers and ram scoops come to mind) already seem to be readily available. And there is a magnitude issue here -- to make the bonus attractive, but not too powerful.

So anyways, Ibol, you are the creative genius (and I mean that sincerely) behind this game; and I think that you could make the best judgment as to what sort of bonus code is most appropriate, and do-able.

Personally, I would be totally happy with anything that adds a small-to-medium measure of added *FUN* to the game; which is available to all players who are presently playing; for the one game that they are currently playing. As I noted I also like the idea of incentivizing interest (and participation) in the whole of the AI Forum. Thanks again! ... ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrionM42 For This Useful Post: