View Single Post
Old March 3rd, 2016, 12:10 PM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Finnish OOB 9.0 corrections

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
..The treaty covered aircraft with internal bomb bays the F-18 has EXTERNAL hardpoints and if an aircraft had those they are capable of bombing and had a real conflict erupted how long do you think it would take to place explosive ordnance on those wings ? Moot point given the treaty did not cover aircraft of that type. And given that the restictions don't apply to the F-18 WHY would you change any thing except to micromanage ordnance combinations? The only aircraft in the OOB with INTERNAL bomb bays was sold to Finland by Russia and there were only 4 of them and two were target tugs
F-18 isn't what's the matter here - the restrictions applied 1947-1991. The treaty limited bombers with internal bays but in effect Finland had no bombing capability for the period and air forces never trained it until recent F-18 JDAM tests.

Quote:
If you have different ideas there is the mods forum... but I see no reason to change anything as there were no treaty limitations on fighter-bombers with external hard points. Were you SERIOUSLY going to suggest Finn aircraft be stripped of bombs ??
My beef was mostly the BL755 CBU and then the rocket pods which were common in Mig 21 bis but which Finland didn't possess. And as I know it is all speculation and that "it has always been there" that is exactly why I asked if any input is wanted.

I'll let the old stuff pass and just concentrate on the F-18 fleet. I'll wait for the next version so that anything that's already on the list won't appear in here.