View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2005, 11:24 PM

Lieutenant Colonel

Mindi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spelling mistakes in this game!!! How lame!!!

Quote:
comefromaway said:
I just looked at a couple of screen shots of this game at macgamestore.com, thinking "Cool! An Age of Sail game!" I'm a huge fan of anything nautical from that era, and began downloading the demo.
On the 2nd screenshot I found 3 (THREE!!!!) spelling mistakes. I find it absolutely incomprehensible that a game can get to market without anyone doing something as logical and basic as looking for spelling errors. Doesn't anyone there know how to spell?

I've attached the screenshot. The errors are "moral", which should be MORALE; "starbored" which should be STARBOARD. That's the most egregious error, a game that's about ships and sailing can't even get a nautical term correctly; and lastly "handeling" which should be HANDLING.

Oh my God, I just noticed there's even a spelling error on this forums page. The word is GREMLINS you morons, not "Graemlins". How can anyone take your company seriously?

There's a "Check Spelling" button on your page for New Posts; maybe you ought to have a version of that on the desktop of your game developers. Or a dictionary at least. I'll buy you one if you like.

I immeadiately cancelled the download, as I think anything that show such crappy attention to detail must also be as buggy as hell. Have people who've shelled out the money for this game finding that to be the case?

It's too bad, because it looked to be a cool game. Maybe when the developers for this company learn how to do their job properly and pay attention to detail I'll give you the money that was I going to spend on your game. Till then I'll stick to products from EA Games and the like. Too bad guys, you blew it before I even launched Salvo.
Yes, it's a shame that sometimes spelling errors get through, which you would obviously never do, right? I'm sorry you let a couple misspellings keep you from enjoying the game; however, please let this serve as your first warning that we do not allow personal insults on this board, so please don't do it again. Oh, and by the way, Graemlins is an accepted version of the word and is widely used on the internet ( yahoo returned 1.23 million search results for the word Graemlins , Google about twice that much ). I don't where this particular spelling of the word came from, but in any event the software we use (UBBthreads) uses the graemlins spelling.

For those looking for with this forum, please see Annette as I am retired.