View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2006, 06:09 PM

Sergeant

Noble713 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SE5 Demo Bug Reports

If you open up the fleet report, right-click on a ship to open the ship report, and then again right-click on anything in the ship (cargo, component), it will open up the appropriate report, but will also open an entirely new (and different) ship report on top that you have to close before you can view the other stuff.

EDIT:
I've built 3 light carriers, which carry up to 22 small fighters each. I noticed that after each (strategic) battle my carriers were always totally drained of supplies. I watched the replay, and also noticed that nearly half of my fighters would begin to flee immediately after launching.

Apparently, your fighters "leech" supplies and ordnance from their mothership. My carriers only had enough total supplies for half of the fighters. The little buggers hold nearly 1000 supplies and 80 ordnance each, and my carrier only has 10,000 supplies and 600 ordnance. The supplied fighters didn't even show signs of supply/ordnance consumption, despite being armed with DUCs. The rest would launch, find themselves with 0 supplies and ordnance, and flee. I wouldn't have a problem with this conceptually if the surviving fighters would return to their carriers with the supplies/ordnance, but the stuff seems to just vanish. My carriers would then be sitting ducks when the next strategic turn came around, unable to move and effectively anchoring my entire fleet until they could be resupplied.

They are NASTY in combat though.

L+ GdY $? Fr! C- SdS T!+ Sf+ Tcp A% M++ MpM R!- Pw+ Fq-- Nd-- RP+ G++