Thread: MAPS!
View Single Post
Old February 23rd, 2019, 05:39 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Post Re: My first three maps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kailux View Post
Just starting with mapping but i really love it already, it's quite relaxing.

Did the following three last weekend mostly with some additional work over the week and today.

I tried to be somewhat accurate without going crazy on details. There is no elevation on this maps (well, most parts of Lower Saxony are kind of pretty flat anyways). I just recently discovered Venhola and how to use it, might just remake these three with elevation at some point.

Would love some constructive feedback: Glitches? What could have been made better? Maybe some technical mistakes i made or some special rules i missed being that mapping noob i am?

Brome-Boeckwitz
Map overview

Brome-Steimke
Map overview

Danndorf-Oebisfelde
Map overview

Wow. A lot of effort in such a short amount of time. Let me say thanks for getting into map making, we can always use maps. Although, I am the least able to comment on your maps, may I offer the following:

1) Place a few identifiers, i.e. landmarks, for example: highway 244, Ohre Lake.

Otherwise, do I understand you created these maps without Venhola? If so, stop whatever you're doing, get up to speed on Venhola as the next patch should be "magical." And, let me say I find it impressive the inclusion of spmap txt files!

The Following User Says Thank You to shahadi For This Useful Post: