View Single Post
Old April 9th, 2023, 07:16 AM

First Lieutenant

Ts4EVER is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Question about possible changes to campaign system

I MAY have found something:

I am testing an updated version of my 29th Infantry campaign right now. This is the situation:

I finished one of the scenarios, took losses but took all the v-hexes. Result is a DV, I get tons of points for the objectives, Jerry gets some points for losses (I assume).

After that I built in a "switch scenario". This is a scenario entirely without combat where the player can choose between two campaign paths. Basically it has a 2 round timer limit and either you hold still or move to take the one Vhex, worth 800 points. The Germans just have some HQ somewhere out of the way.

I finished that scenario by taking the VHex and got a minor victory. I get 800 points, as expected, the Germans also get 100 odd points, despite having inflicted no new casualties. I should add that there are no repair points for this switch scenario, so I still had the same losses as in the one before. Is this the problem described by SAS? Or is there some other mechanic at work? If so, that might explain the confusion some people have regarding the scoring system.

I attached pictures of the end screen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Test1.png
Views:	59
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	16862   Click image for larger version

Name:	Test2.png
Views:	59
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	16863