View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2008, 12:22 PM

First Lieutenant

Edratman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Monster SCENARIO Project

I have absolutely no idea how to do this, but I always envisioned a scenario that starts EA, goes for say 30-40 turns and switches to MA and then a similar sequence to a LA switch. Players would start the next age staying with the same national lineage (ie EA Mictlan, MA Mictlan and LA Mictlan)and same provinces they ended with, maybe have a 10% random change in province ownership to add an unknown variable to the era change. Keep the same pretender, capital province, carryover gems and gold, and research tree. Not a single good idea how to deal with armies and commanders when the era changes.

Probably would be best to start on an enormous 1500 province map with a limited number of nations so the EA expansion has a limited probability of knocking a nation out.

Probably rerandomize (is that a word?) sites just for the heck of it at the era changes. That would at least get rid of carryover castles, but I don't know if that is good or bad.

I think it could be done with a tedious map edit after the end of each era, and the carryover research tree is totally beyond me.