View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2020, 03:07 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: Jets & Planes but no UAV's here.

I can't agree with your logic concerning Reserve Units once called up they are normally attached to Active Units to supplement "manpower" or "equipment" shortages or in the case of the AH-1W earlier this year...

"The last detachment of AH-1Ws to complete a deployment returned earlier this year with the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit. The detachment, temporarily assigned to Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron (VMM) 365 (Reinforced), was part of Marine Light Attack Helicopter Squadron 167 (HMLA-167), based at Marine Corps Air Station New River, North Carolina."
https://seapowermagazine.org/marine-...a-helicopters/

By your reasoning then, since they don't count, I guess we can get rid all the National Guardsman Units in the USA OOB and free up all those slots.

I can speak of the Army at this point...
"The major differences between the Guard and Reserve have to do with the nature of dutyReserve members operate under the jurisdiction of the DoD and may be called up to serve in times of war, in expeditionary campaigns, for humanitarian relief, and any other mission-essential function.

National Guard troops can be activated by the Governor of your state, and they may also be called up by the President of the United States."

So those Reserve Units regardless of service branch, will get called up first to respond to a National Emergency.
https://militarybenefits.info/active...erve-or-guard/

Legacy Units are the "bridge" until whatever replaces them, replaces them. And that can take a decade or longer to happen. Therefore they get upgraded to sustain their combat readiness as has been clearly demonstrated.

FOC I don't see how this doesn't matter. I tried to find the response from one of our people out here who shortly after I posted the changes for INDIA's tanks (I remember it was the T-90MS.) for the last patch, he was grateful that those tanks and in particular, the T-90MS dates got changed to reflect RL.

I believe those got entered on receipt of the test beds for evaluation of them.

He frustration dealt with the fact that he plays Pakistan vs India and the AI kept picking those and other tanks NOT yet in service.

As I see it from all my years in Board gaming to early PC (Steel Panthers) games to now was to maintain the equipment as close to RL as possible and then leave to the players to fight them as they desire under historical, current news or any option their imagination can come up with.

And besides concerning FOC, this is...
1) What Don expects of me as the "gold standard" and has been his mantra out here in I don't know how many posts over the years.

2) It goes against my own personal integrity to do otherwise. I will not compromise on that for the sake of expediency or any other reason. You do the job right or you don't do it at all. that's from my up bringing, mentors and my work and military career. Otherwise I wasted my time during the 2019/2020 Campaign as FOC was a big part of that work along with many other factors.

3) In our game reviews we have been "touted" by most of those reviewers for our diligence in updating the game and maintaining the accuracy of our "equipment".

4) Most importantly, it's about the players, that response I got had the whole thing worth while. I've NEVER felt it was about us, but ONLY about the players. That's why I do this and hopefully will be able to continue to do so until JAN/FEB 2026 when I can be a player again.

At least later today is my "HUMP DAY" might be a "double" retirement in 2026, that's an awesome thought!?!

It's very late and I'm tired, so Good Night!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..