Thread: Ukraine 2021(?)
View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2022, 07:53 PM

Captain

wulfir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ukraine 2021(?)

I have made a few fairly realistic maps of UA-RU border regions for a fictional MBT campaign, a "what if" invasion of Ukraine taking place in 2023. It was based on a much less ambitious Russian invasion than the real thing taking place now. Essentially I envisioned a single drive on Kyiv using brute force but with no fancy stuff like deep airborne operations and also a Russian efforts at avoiding massive destruction to Ukrainian infrastructure in the wider country, outside the combat zone...

The real deal seems to be a much more complex and brutal operation. Guess I'll have to convert them to winter maps now...

Some images of this fictional setup below (i.e. NOT what is taking place in reality now). Maybe the maps can be used for something else? It's possible that many of these locations fell without much fighting. One of these maps is based on the approaches to Hluchiv along the E38 and the Kleven river crossing at Zarutske. There is footage of about 15 Russian T-72s being zapped along a road, claimed to have been killed in the Hluchiv region by Javelin ATGMs...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wulfir For This Useful Post: