View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2023, 02:16 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SCENARIOS!

Footfall
Date: June 1946
Battle Location: West Germany
Battle Type: USA defend/advance vs. Aliens?!?
Design by: Suhiir.

Scenario description: Science Fiction based on the book "Footfall" by by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle.

A couple days ago there was a large meteor shower in the Soviet controlled sector of Germany. The following day the Soviet Sector devolved into chaos. Radio intercepts and limited aerial observation by the Allies showed massive movements of Soviet forces and battles raging in a few areas. Intercepts about Martians, unstoppable tanks, infantry that can see in the dark, artillery that can pinpoint and destroy entire grid squares, aircraft flying faster then the speed of sound using magical weapons to destroy anything in their path,airborne or on the ground.

An initial trickle of fleeing, not retreating, fleeing, Soviet troops has turned into a tidal wave. Allied High command is barely beginning to make sense, if any is to be made, of the reports they're receiving

Your infantry regiment, just yesterday keeping an eye on the Soviets is about to gain first-hand knowledge of what has the Soviets in a panic. Hold your ground and if possible counterattack to drive the ?aliens? back into the Soviet Sector!

Note: If played against the AI, the human player should play the US Army side.

Note: This is one of the oddest battles you'll probably ever play in WinSPMBT. 1946 US Army with a handful of Brits and Russians vs 2025 US Marines representing the aliens. You have a significant numerical advantage, will that be enough?

################################################## ########################
I need a volunteer playtester (or ten) for this HUGE LONG DIFFICULT scenario.

As it's designer I know what appears where, when, and in what numbers thus I cannot accurately judge the difficulty, or if, the scenario goals of defend then counterattack are even possible for someone without my knowledge of the scenario.

Given the time needed to play the scenario, hours if not days, I need someone without a life that understands WinSPMBT mechanics to give it a try and give me feedback.

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
The Following User Says Thank You to Suhiir For This Useful Post: