Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Night of the Long Knives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdonj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBits View Post
I can understand banning someone if necessary, but I can't understand not even allowing a discussion of the specifics of it.

I mean, how do I know if it was warranted in this case, if no one can share information on it? Hm, perhaps I just answered my own question...
Had it only been discussion of the specifics, but most of those threads that have been moved were out and out spam as well as people essentially picking fights with other people who didn't catch the innuendo right off the bat.
That is an interesting, if blatantly untrue misrepresentation of the particular thread being referenced. While it is true that people got uppity in that thread, it was actually the people who didn't get it who seemed to be aiming to start a fight (and who were a bit rude to the OP, I might add). Of course, then certain freedom fighters leapt eagerly into said fight. But they did not start it.

The characterization of the rest of it as spam is a reasonable one. I wouldn't have said that though! Bad, bad idea.
I was asleep when that thread happened and I skimmed it when I logged in. The impression I got was that people who missed the innuendo took it as a serious discussion and got mocked for it and told they don't have a clue. When they asked what it was about then, more mockery. At that point it's hard to blame them for getting riled, since it is a rather unreasonable expectation that everyone follows everything that is happening on the board religiously all the time.

The post you quoted reflects that impression. I do not intentionally try to misrepresent anyone or anything, so apologies if I did give the wrong impression.

As far as more information, I need to hear from Annette before I say anything else. Her comments in the thread Kheldron linked were a bit on the terse side and rather clear on how much information would be provided:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
Absolutely, the details of the violations have not, and will not, be posted. And you're right,many assumptions have been made. I know the majority of those interested don't understand why we took the action we did, but I'm not going to share details that would help you decide whether you agree or disagree. It is what it is.
So I would rather keep extra trouble to a minimum and doing something without getting permission first is going to be precisely the wrong thing to do.

Rest assured that the situation is not being ignored.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Edi For This Useful Post: