View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ideas how to improve WinSP MBT/WW2 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BogdanM View Post
I wish my first post wouldn't be a request but there is one situation that troubles me in each and every battle, enemies hiding inside buildings. I couldn't find any unit/tactic to counter this disadvantage. I understand that being invisible its a vital aspect in setting up ambushes and its realistic for the enemy to be invisible to my regular units while being static and not engaging me but specialized units like FOs, snipers or any kind of vehicles with high enough vision(>40) should be able to spot them even if they're hiding.

Maybe not instantly, for eg. my unit should not move for 1-2 turns while looking in that direction or maybe add some kind of special ability...
While I'd tend to agree that ATGMs, tanks, and other such stuff should probably be spotted after a shot or two ... even knowing for certain an infantry squad is in a 50x50m area is hardly the same as having them spotted well enough for aimed direct fire.

FO's really don't pay much attention to anything smaller then a platoon (unless it's shooting at them ).
Since their job is to hit target areas rather then specific targets.
I know this because I use to be one

As to snipers or scouts, yea, they should, and do get a bonus to spot stuff (check the game manual).

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein