Thread: Ukraine 2021(?)
View Single Post
Old February 11th, 2022, 11:16 PM

Captain

Location: I ain't in Kansas anymore, just north of where Dorothy clicked her heels is where you'll find me.
shahadi is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Ukraine 2021(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSheppard View Post
This is a simple assault scenario. I haven't playtested it that throroughly; so don't invest too much of your time to it. If you're having difficulties; just quit and let me know if it's too hard or whatnot.

Quote:
Operatsiya Polina, Feb 2022

Russia Assault
_____vs.
Ukraine Defend

Date: February 22, 2022

===========================

This is a future-what-if scenario.

With the closing of the Beijing Winter Olympics on 20 February 2022, there was no longer any reason for Russia to maintain the pretexts behind their buildup along the border with Ukraine. Accordingly, at midnight on 22 February 2022, Operation Polina was launched.

This scenario is set several hours into the invasion. The 155th Naval Infantry Brigade, having pushed past Ukrainian Border Guards several hours earlier, reaches the first lines of major Ukrainian resistance just as the sun begins to rise.

Here, the Russian Marines' motto of "There, Where We Go, There is Victory!" would be tested.

Interestingly, Russia crushed Georgia in March of 2008. Today, is the 11th of February.

I know this scenario is a what/if, and we know MarkSheppard has given us thoughtful scenarios; please allow me to say, I can't see Russian Naval Infantry (marines) taking on Ukrainian army units; Marines are light forces with "beer and ammo" for maybe 72 hours max.

I'd buy the marines pushing aside border guards and other militia volunteers to permit an unhampered and rapid Russian heavy units follow through; with the marines protecting the flanks and rear of a regular army advance.

Thanks for sharing; and, thanks for patience.