View Single Post
Old January 31st, 2015, 03:13 PM

Sergeant

dmnt is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sabot range for modern autocannons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
If you want to play with new values effects then simply edit a copy of the weapon in Mobhack and then use apcalc to view the new results. The help is in a text file called armourcalc_help.txt - read it!.

I usually copy the original weapon to a free bit of space in the weapons list, then copy the new one under it from the original as well. That saves having to scroll about to find things for comparisons. Retitle to something like TEST 001 so its easy to find and to kill it later, when done with testing.

The MBT_ or WW2_APcalc utilities live in your home game directory.

NB - the utility is not 'live' - so close it and reopen it to load any changes you make in mobhack.
Thanks, I've already tried and tested that before drawing any conclusions. I was a bit unclear on the "sabot linear range", what I meant was that the sabot penetration depends linearly on the distance. Using MBT_APCalc.exe I pretty much drew this conclusion thru series of tests.

Still the unanswered big question I'm having is that is the sabot penetration deviation from real world tests a game balance design issue or is it that recent technological advances in APFSDS ammo have not yet been carried to the game? (Or 3rd option: something completely different)

I'm trying to gather more data about different guns and ammo types just to dig to the bottom of this. However, lack of public data is a hindrance.