View Single Post
Old March 1st, 2023, 02:32 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Don,
THIS IS AS YOU HAVE TIME TO ANSWER AT YOUR CONVIENCE-ONLY.

Sweden is going to send 10 UNITS of the STRV 122, of which I've spent a couple of hours+ looking at and hoping to find a simple solution for an export version, of which I think will work without modification and want your opinion if you feel the same about it as I do.

Numbers vary between 180 - 210 total STRV 122 models with least 45 in service around end of 2021 early 2022. That number probably has gone up since the war started to include the first live fire tests for the STRV 122 since ~2002 around end of ~2021.

From the game side to establish a baseline plus many newer refs since I submitted a modified STRV 122 a few years back. Those UNITS are the STRV 122A UNIT 031/UNIT 356/UNIT 358 and STRV 122B UNIT 353.

My thinking is having me lean towards STRV 122 UNIT 356 for the EXPORT version.

Issues I'll be looking into based on these newer refs. include...
Increasing TI/GSR for UNITS 353 & 358.

Review HF armor for the whole series initial block. I have uncovered the tank of origin for this. However, I believe I asked to have it deleted from its OOB also a few years back because it wasn't exported fully however Sweden and Greece did take from this tank it's HF and TF armor package.

SWEDEN/CHANGE/STRV 122A/UNIT 031/STEEL/TOP 12 vice 8. // There is absolutely NO DIFFERENCE between these tanks in TOP armor. Remember they were all SPEC built.

Finally, again as was the case years back the newer refs I'll submit at a later date with this added package are saying the same thing now as then, this version of the LEOPARD 2A5 is probably the BEST protected TOP attack tank in NATO. It deserves another look since I submitted that as part of the modification then.

However, I believe what we have is probably right.

Also, I came across the fact that by JAN 2023 Sweden received the final shipments of NEW tank ammo from ELBIT in Israel. This will affect UNITS 353 & 358 ONLY. From the ref...
"Elbit will supply the Swedish Armed Forces with M339 120mm tank shells for the army’s Leopard battle tanks. The contract will be carried out over 10 months."

"The M339 rounds are compliant with NATO and US military specifications, Elbit said. In 2020, Elbit sold the munition to the Finnish military."
https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...r-150-million/
https://elbitsystems.com/landing/wp-...nks_15_Web.pdf
(Page 5 with a long list of users.)
https://www.armyrecognition.com/defe...e_systems.html

IF YOU HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THE PROPOSED EXPORT "VERSION" IT'LL JUST SAVE SOME TIME.

BECAUSE THERE IS NO TIMELINE SET FOR DELIVERY, I WILL PUT THIS ON THE BACK BURNER.

CHALLENGER 2 export will be done tomorrow, never mind, later today and hope to have UAE/JORDAN LeClerc's done as well.

Travel day yesterday and busy after getting home. No place like home and our bed.!!!! And the "joy" of getting our taxes done later today.

Good Night.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; March 1st, 2023 at 02:51 AM..