View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2004, 06:22 PM

Corporal

ace joh is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DOWW2 - Alpha release

Good to see you like it!

Can't take credit for the tank graphics, they're from civilization 2 (and civilization test of time, you might have noticed the difference in detail between some tanks (light tanks for example)), as stated in the readme

Yeah I should go and create some maps, but currently I'm still 'designing' tanks&weapons... Perhaps I could use Henk's wilderness map from xerathul's revenge, without the town? and chests

yes the inventory and UI in general doesn't really fit, unfortunately, this is one of the things currently not working in DO, only way to do that would be to replace the existing images, but, unlike the spells.bmp file which is already altered, this would be noticeable in all modules

Currently the graphic is a 'drop' of oil, from Hearts of Iron (I've really been scraping images from here and there ), though it shouldn't be hard to replace, I'll look into it!

edit : can't really tell when the next update will be released, item and tank data comes from "steel panther world at war" OOB files, I used to manually 'copy' each weapon/unit to DO, but after my 26th full review of the (rather few) things I already have, I figured this was too impractical, and I'm now writing a program to do everything for me... This brings a lot of problems though.