View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2007, 12:33 AM

Major General

Randallw is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ship Capture Thoughts

It says it does damage. When I found it I thought maybe it did damage to the shield generators. Once I tested it all I saw was the enemys shields vanish. I don't think the actual generators take any damage. By the way this is a BM game, I don't know if Kwok changed them. I checked the data files for any other new super weapons but I didn't see any. Perhaps the damage is in seconds, although throughout my tests I never saw the shields return. incidentally there is a reload weapon that works in microseconds from what I see. Useless.

I just ran a long test. As you can see it is short ranged. Perhaps its one drawback. Anyway it hit with the second shot. 1040 pts of shield simply vanish. I then stopped both ships. With the weapon reload weapon I mentioned the ability of the ship says something like "All weapons have an increased reload time of 6ms" (Useless). There is no effect stated for the shield imploder and the shield generators are untouched. I don't think there was any other damage at all. The shields never came back before time ran out 2.5 minues later