View Single Post
Old July 2nd, 2020, 11:55 PM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

Turn 18 Things are now getting really tense the barrage has not resumed in strength probably about 10 fired & its moving around not like the original barrage that just stayed in place for 8 turns or so.
I really cannot wait wish it had resumed so I know where its safe to move we have problems I will just have to take risks

Firstly ammo resupply has moved up most of my arty is ammo critical, the good news is my 17cm has finally fired & hit a lot of tanks in the main advance so they should be suppressed. They have been one hex move or stationary firing at the few remaining squads there, all but 2 are wiped out.
They may try making a run for the bridge once they are gone.
Due to this 2 tanks have moved to take up position from the South Force, don't like sharing emplacements but realised the other is on impassable terrain once I got there Doah!
Some arty started falling here hope they dig in & view does not go to pot.

The StuG that has been in the centre of the action took advantage of the suppressed tanks in the centre & killed 2 more but it took 4 shots to dispatch them, AP ammo is low but should hopefully last.
We had a lot of hits bounce this turn which has not helped & while I was correct we had virtually eliminated the original Northern Push a Churchill turned up bet more are inbound.
Arty has started to fall here to but light & towards the rear. Ended up sharing emplacement here because of it as we were moving forces to cover centre.
5 hits on the Churchill for 1 damage damn. Tanks without LOS fire smoke to block that LOS & screen infantry & an AT team who have left cover to take up assault positions.
They put some fire into the couple of infantry units there along the way now there is only one known.

Just South of the main attack the situation is lost the StuG that can still fire placed smoke to screen the other & fended off another adjacent attack
but took heavy damage in the exchange - another one shot unit. Still managed to destroy another tank as the dust cleared in my turn before bolting for the treeline.
2 squads have PIATs my MMGs can cover this area but not very well I expect the other StuG & halftrack to die.

In the South maybe I was wrong there is nothing more coming a couple more Churchills turned up & despite a fair amount of duds we managed to kill them.
The Sturmpanzer got 2 & tanks the others after a fairly heated exchange due to the duds, no damage was taken.
If nothing turns up next go I am going to send infantry out for a look I have a lot of units here. Would like to reinforce the centre if the artillery allows.
The AT team is moving to a safer position as its ammo is gone & I still need to deal with that SPgun its not moved. Its in a tricky spot to attack however so that might have to wait till I see if I manage to resupply my artillery & can spare one unit to suppress it.

At least the kill ratio is back up to 4:1 as the Brits only killed a couple of units, losses now stand at 80:21
Company A has lost most of E & all of F platoon, Pz Gren have suffered to especially the halftracks due to the bombardment - they are close to losing O platoon.
As we are approaching 20% losses we will take a look at some War Cab screens in the next post.