View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2020, 02:03 AM

General

Imp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: German Campaign using War Cab

Okay so lets take a look at some of War Cabs offerings its fairly easy to grasp.
Note with most of these you can hover over a point & a popup will give more info.
We will start with a few from the Dossier tab, this will show how my core progress throughout the campaign.
You could if you wanted look at individual units progress & kill history & there is a screen that gives top & bottom 5 in several categories but we will start with core makeup.

This is by units not cost & as I have made only made minor changes remains the same for both battles. Swapped squads for pioneers.
As you can see 39% of my force is infantry, hover over others for popups
Armor is 13.9%, Halftracks (APC) 11.3% etc

Here are a couple of screens showing my experience progress from one battle to the next.
For the first battle only 6% of my troops were Veterans jumping to 20% for this battle many of whom have I think died so it will be interesting to see the results after this battle.

This shows experience another way my average experience is now 74%
Best is a MkIV with 86 - Worst a SdKfz11 with 63

Now lets look at a battle screen this is kills over time (turns)
The green line tracks the best unit so starts at 5 as that was my best unit in the previous battle.
The blue line tracks average kills per unit - which started at 0.67 & has currently doubled to 1.27 kills per unit on average.
Took screen shot a couple turns back when StuG was on 13 kills.
Note the delay before I killed anything due to the barrage.

Next we will look at the suppression report blue is the average & green most suppressed. You can see the effects of the original barrage - where it lifted the front - stopped & now its climbing again as its restarted but with far less ferocity.

Out of interest I decided to look at British suppression report while I can relate to it.
Did not think this would give anything away but think it has if I am reading the report correctly. Will leave till battle end as said I would in future but was intrigued to see the difference.

Because I can mouse over suppression for first 6 turns was from my counterbattery fire.
Hence the reason Average was still near zero just 1 unit hit per turn. My average was higher for that period as say 1/3rd of my force was getting hit.
Shortly after my arty started continuous fire their average suppression climbed to similar levels (come on supply trucks reload keep it going )
What I think this has given away is while my arty fire is more concentrated its still affecting a good portion of their force.
I may well be wrong new to this but that's my guess

I am not but if your the type of person that likes to track units individual progress this is a great tool - highly recommended.
Still a good tool to play with as I will be interested to see how my experience progresses through the campaign.
Also fun to realise some units performed far better than you thought. Last battle I thought Co A was in the thick of it but it was Co B units that had the high kill numbers.