View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2022, 09:31 PM

Corporal

lansoar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestions for improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
If abandoned things were still considered active targets then the AI would as likely expend valuable ordnance killing them off rather than moving on to "live" targets.
This is an important point. a feature enhancement such as described needs to take into account the limitations of the AI routines of which I would offer are the majority of the situations players face with this game. (maybe I'm wrong, but I've rarely had the time to schedule a human vs human play by email battle)

A lot of work has gone into making the AI a "decent" opponent in a variety of situations from attack to defense. Artillery remains a problematic issue as even in the latest versions of WinSP the AI often seems to "be a step behind" the actions of the human opponent. I should know.....I've often been thankful that a massive Soviet BM-XX bombardment was 500-1000 meters behind where my units are in the current turn. A human opponent would not be so forgiving.

I agree with Mobhack that this enhancement might result in further making the AI focus on non essential targets.
The Following User Says Thank You to lansoar For This Useful Post: