View Single Post
Old June 24th, 2008, 10:35 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wraithlord\'s dominionsKB

HTML ignores all superfluous whitespace (spaces, newlines, tabs) and shortens it to a single space. Thus you'd have to use PRE tags for pre-formatted text for the whole document if you'd convert it to HTML. Or you'd have to "guess" the document structure and put in paragraph tags etc. yourself, but writing such a parser is definitely non-trivial. Furthermore, text is used for bulleted lists like this, too:
Code:
My thoughts on the blessing:
- Most things that a Niefel (or even a Jotun) hit, die so why not make them hit a little better; I'll also be fielding fewer troops than my opponents -> F4 for +2 att.
- Since I'm fielding fewer troops, my troops must make more hits to get rid of enemy troops; also my Jarls need to buff and NOT get hit while too much fatigued -> E4 for reinvigoration +2.
- Magic Resistance: Goooood for Jarls -> S4
- To drive the affliction chance down and 10% regeneration -> N6

or Code:
HOLY, 11 sites (10 effective)

* Level 0: 2 sites, 1 rare, 1 special (506 Holy Crypt of Anre, any land but cave, unique)
* Level 1: 2 sites, 2 common (1 any land, one only in sea)
* Level 2: 2 sites, 2 uncommon (1 unique)
* Level 3: 3 sites, 3 uncommon (2 unique)
* Level 4: 2 sites, rare (410 Temple of Time, any land, non-unique; 414 The Ward, any land but cave, unique)

Linux man pages, Perl's POD pages and Wikitext all have easy text markup for things like bold/italic text, lists etc. So I think that this might be a better portable format.
Emergency comic relief